Transportation and the Economy
- Transportation economics is described in the Transportation Statistics Annual Report and measured in selected tables of National Transportation Statistics.
- BTS also publishes:
- Transportation Services Index – monthly indicator of freight movement and passenger travel by for-hire carriers
- Transportation Economic Trends – statistics on transportation as a share of the economy, transportation costs, employment, and other economic variables, updated continuously as data become available
- Industry Snapshots and the Transportation Satellite Accounts – statistics on transportation as a share of major sectors of the economy.
- Government Transportation Financial Statistics – transportation-related revenues and expenditures by all levels of government, updated continuously as data become available
- The National Transportation Library repository includes research reports, policy documents, and historical materials related to transportation economics.