Freight Facts and Figures, developed by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, is a collection of charts and statistical tables about freight transportation in the United States. These interactive visualizations and tables provide a snapshot of freight movement; the extent, condition, and performance of the freight transportation system; the economic implications of freight movement; and the safety, energy, and environmental impacts of freight transportation.
We introduce this new digital version of Freight Facts and Figures. In these stories, we continue to release the statistics contained in the annual publication that has been produced since 2004. The new format features interactive charts and tables, open and accessible data, and regular updates to the content.
BTS strives to continually improve Freight Facts and Figures. If you have an suggestion on how to make this product better, find an issue, or have a question, please contact us at Ask A Librarian. We welcome your feedback.
- U.S. Bridges Rated in Poor Condition
- U.S. Crude Oil Production by State
- U.S. Flag Vessels by Type and Age
- U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Economic End-Use Sector
- U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Domestic Freight Transportation
- U.S. Transportation Sector Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Fossil Fuel Combustion by Fuel Type
- U.S.-International Freight Trade by Transportation Mode
- Value and Tonnage of U.S. Freight Trade with Canada and Mexico by Transportation Mode
- Value of Shipments by Transportation Mode